Monday, December 1, 2008

Surgery Day - Dec. 1

Today is the day. I'll be leaving the house soon for hip surgery. Have had nothing to eat or drink since midnight. No creams on my face or gel in my hair (can act as conductors for electricity in the operating room.)

I'm feeling a little nervous, but not too bad. My boss just called from the North American Mission Board (NAMB) to say that the team will be gathering soon to pray for a successful surgery, for minimal pain, and for a gentle physical therapist. Also asked for prayer for nice nurses. It's great to have the support and concern of a team of fellow Christians. I'm thankful for a God who loves me and watches over us.

And, it's snowing outside in Georgia!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I hope your surgery goes smoothly. Here's to a speedy recovery! :o)

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were having this surgery. I just know you'll do great. I'm praying for you right now as you prepare to go into surgery and will continue to pray for a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

We prayed for you also. Can't wait to see what you blog about while under the influence of pain meds.