Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hip Journey - Day 6

My husband is in Maryland working, so my parents are staying with me until he gets back. I love my parents and it's a blessing that they are close by and can come and help out. They're 73-years-old. They argue about--everything. Today the big discussion was about grocery shopping--when to go and what to get. It took about an hour to get the list together and another two hours to shop. When my mother got back, my dad was supposed to go back to their house and pick up his church clothes and prescriptions. Instead he waited until 5:30 to go. We needed him to grill dinner, so we didn't eat until 7:30. I was starving! He did cook a fantastic breakfast of eggs and bacon, so I'll give him that. She forgot to get margarine and milk--oh well.

Today's parental frustrations: how to work the TV controller, use the remote control fan/light, and how to adjust the thermostat. I can understand the TV controller, but to use the fan/light control, you just click the top button for the light and bottom button for the fan. My mother gets so frustrated.

Tomorrow should be interesting. They have church and a Christmas concert to go to. My mother's planning a big lunch.

1 comments:

Karen said...

LOL @ picturing your parents arguing about stuff. ;o) They are so cute!