Friday, December 5, 2008

Surgery Update - Dec. 5

I'm back home from hip surgery. I'm feeling a little groggy at the moment so who knows how this post will go.

Surgery went well and the doctor released me on Wednesday. Yesterday I spent the entire day sleeping. The home nurse came to call and said that was normal that I was still getting rid of the anesthesia in my system.

My surgery was at North Fulton Regional Hospital in Roswell, Georgia. I was very pleased with the facilities and the staff. I've been to some hospitals where I couldn't say that. I had a great doctor, Dale Lane, and the nurses were excellent. The last thing I remember before "going under" was lying on the table in the operating room with my arms spread eagle and two big lights over my head. The next thing I remember is waking up in recovery. I did have pain, but they quickly addressed that.

I'm getting tired and my physical therapist is due to arrive soon. I'll probably need a nap after she leaves.

1 comments:

Karen said...

So glad to hear that surgery went well and that you are back home. I have been thinking about you. Hope your recovery gets better and better with each day.