Sunday, December 21, 2008

Driving Lesson With Dad

Yesterday our daughter turned 15. Glenn took her, on her birthday, to get her learner's permit. She had to take and pass a written test and an eye test. She passed and we now have a licensed learner. It was raining yesterday, so he wouldn't take her for a driving lesson. I let her drive me to the grocery store after the rain stopped (and while Glenn was napping.) She did very well! I also made her go in to the store and get the groceries (that was the quickest shopping trip I've ever seen.)

Today the weather was clear and Glenn said he'd take her out for a drive. But, before they could go, she had to find the answers to three questions from the car owner's manual. 1) What pressure do the tires need to be inflated to? 2) Where is the spare located and how do you change a flat? 3) Where and how do you check the oil level? She was not amused, but complied with a good attitude. She not only checked the tire pressure in the car she's allowed to drive (PT Cruiser), but all our cars. She also used Glenn's air pressure pump to inflate the tires to the proper pressure. She crawled under the car to see where the spare tire is located, and checked the oil level. She completed these tasks to his satisfaction and they've just left for Target. I'm sure there will be more stories to tell when they get back.

3 comments:

Karen said...

oh wow--way to go, Rebecca!!

Love the test questions--will there be more?

Anonymous said...

Peace be with you, my friend. I will follow online the adventures of Rebecca learning to drive with great interest! Someday Katie might even care about driving!

I might even share your blog's URL with John, just in case he needs some ideas!

Anonymous said...

If Glenn was my father, I might still be trying to get my license. I don't know all that information.