Monday, October 6, 2008

Too Tall for Short


Guys, I'm tellin' ya (Palin speak), this post is probably not gonna interest ya in the least. It might not interest some women either, but it's something I have to get off my chest. I'm 5' 4". Which translates to: too tall for misses short size pants and too short for regular misses. Which means that if I get pants in "short" I'm wearing high waters. If I get misses regular length, they've got to be hemmed. I can't hem worth a lick so that means I have to pay to get them hemmed. So the pants that were on sale for a good deal now aren't such a good deal because I have to pay another 10 bucks or so to get them hemmed. How did men get so lucky as to be able to get their pants with a waist and length size? Must have been a man who made this decision a few hundred years ago. Maybe he thought that since women stayed at home to raise the children, cook, and clean that, first, women would be wearing dresses, but they could hem their clothes themselves. Whoo, I feel much better now.

3 comments:

Karen said...

i hear ya!! I, too, am 5'4". When I find a pair of jeans, pants, etc., that fit, I snatch them up!!

Anonymous said...

well, try being 5'2 & 1/2 and not being able to wear anything without it dragging the floor. I usually do good in juniors short, but they don't make them for the dress pants. I am on stage every week in pants that drag the floor, even with 2 inch heels on!! I can't hem either-embarrasing enough, I've used a stapler for desperate times. Wish they'd stop thinking everyone is soooo tall.

Anonymous said...

I'm on the opposite end of things--
I'm 5'7" which is too tall for regular, but not tall enough for "Talls"! Which means either regulars that are highwaters, or Talls that are way too long and hang down too low and baggy in the crotch! I hate that "load in the pants" look even more than I hate highwaters!!
Beth