Sunday, October 19, 2008

God at Work

Within minutes of publishing my last post, "It's not too late," my phone rings and it's our pastor's wife from the church we were members of years ago in Maryland. Her husband (our pastor) passed away a few years ago and she's now living in Alabama. She was calling to ask if we would befriend a former student of hers from China who is getting her master's degree at Georgia State University. God works fast. I said I was ready and open and now here's an opportunity to minister to someone. I don't know what He wants me to do, but I know He'll show me. All she was asking me and my husband to do was to be her friend and let the Lord use us in her life. She's living in a bad part of Atlanta and is scared to leave her apartment. Money doesn't seem to be an issue. It's getting her connected with a safer home near Georgia State. My prayer now is "Lord, how can we help her?"

0 comments: