Sunday, October 12, 2008

Invisible

Have you ever had the experience of being "invisible?" It's very strange. You're with a group of people that you know, but they don't notice you're there. You try to join the conversation, only they don't acknowledge you. Their circle closes and before you know it, you're out, blocked, not included, you're not in their tribe. You casually wander off and take a seat. The group moves their position. They wave. You wave back. They wave again and you wave back. But just like in a movie they're not waving at you, they're waving beyond you. You turn around to see other tribe members behind you. You blush and hope they didn't see you waving. Oh, that's right, you're invisible, not a tribesman. It's not a nice feeling to be excluded. Anger, then self-pity envelopes you. You stew--it only makes it worse. You notice your jaw is sore from clenching your teeth. You try and make the best of it. Oh well, they don't realize what they're doing. I should say something Christian here, like I prayed about my bad attitude, but the prayer doesn't come. I'm pissed. Now that I've blogged about it on the World Wide Web I'm starting to feel better. I've released my feelings to potentially hundreds of people. Now maybe I'll pray about it.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yes, I know that feeling, and it sucks. Sorry that happened. Do you want me to kick their asses? I guess that wouldn't be very Christian of me, though, huh? By the way, many times when I am mad about something or at someone, Tanna will say, "Did you pray for that person?" Most of the time, my answer is ... "No, I didn't." This Christian business is hard stuff!

Karen said...

P.S. Sorry I said "asses" on your blog comments. If you need to delete it, I understand. :o)

Anonymous said...

I think that has happened to everyone at one time or another. At least I choose to believe it does. It hurts, but I think if most people realized they were doing it, they would be mortified. Even so, I find it hard to believe it has happened to you. You were the funnest person in school.