Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's Not Too Late

Joel 2:12-13 (NIV)

12
"Even now," declares the LORD,
"return to me with all your heart,
with fasting and weeping and mourning."

13 Rend your heart
and not your garments.
Return to the LORD your God,
for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,
and he relents from sending calamity.

I've been away from God. But He never left me. The Holy Spirit, as quenched as He may be, was always there prodding me to make a change. At Catalyst this year, Craig Groeschel spoke and used these verses. They immediately spoke to me. The words, "return to me" rang true. He talked about Christians having lost "It"--that enthusiasm and love for the Lord that we had when we first came to know Him. I'm tired of being out of God's will. I love these verses, "Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love." It's amazing how God can use us even when we're far from Him. Imagine how much more He can do through us when we're close to Him. Thank you, Lord, I'm returning to You.