Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Time Lapse

Friday: Make plans to meet my manager at his house at 8:00 Monday morning to drive to Nashville. That means leaving my house at 7 a.m.

Monday: I'm in the shower and suddenly panic. Am I supposed to leave at 7:00 or get to his house at 7:00? Oh no. I'm confused. I hurry, get dressed, apply no makeup and get out the door at 6:50 a.m. I'm thinking: "Hope he's not too made when I show up late." "Darn. I had to reset my cell phone and lost all my numbers." "This is not going to make a good impression on his wife." While driving over to his house, in the dark by the way and trying to read the directions, I realize ... I don't need to be there until 8:00. Whew. I'm not late. I have time to pull over at a gas station and enter his address into the navigation system.

Monday night: Make plans to meet at 7:45 in hotel lobby to leave for meeting. Set alarm for 6:00 on hotel alarm clock and cell phone as backup.

Tuesday morning: Cell phone alarm goes off. Good thing I had that as a backup since hotel alarm didn't go off. Wait a minute. Hotel clock says 5 a.m. Bugger. Cell phone clock didn't switch to central time--it's only 5 a.m. I get to sleep one more hour, except now I'm afraid I'll over sleep and don't end of going back to sleep.

1 comments:

Karen said...

I do stuff like this all the time!