Saturday, September 20, 2008

Penaholic

I admit it. I'm addicted to pens. I love them. I've been this way for years and I don't plan on changing now. I used to have this thing for sharpened pencils, but I've outgrown the old #2. I used to keep them sharpened and standing point up in the pencil holder on my desk. When the point became dull, it was placed lead side down in the pencil cup. I've moved on to mechanical pencils now. No more sharpening for me.

The pen must write smoothly so that the ink flows effortlessly onto the paper. The feel of the pen is important too. It must feel like it belongs in your hand. It must also look rich and expensive--the look of "I've made it in this world."
I recently received an order from Staples of brand new Sharpie pens. Red, black and blue. You can only imagine my excitement the day they arrived. I'm fairly pleased with the new Sharpie pen, but it could write a little smoother for my taste. It does live up to it's promises of not bleeding through the paper or smudging--both important must nots to a pen addict.
My two favorite pens (Waterman)

0 comments: