Saturday, September 27, 2008

Friday's Highlight

Trey

Kate

The highlight of my Friday was meeting friends for lunch. We all used to work together on the communications team of an Atlanta ministry. We've all moved on for various reasons. You can see why two of us left--to start families. It was so fun to see these ladies with children of their own. I love the picture of Trey kicking back after his tummy was full from spaghetti--which he had all over him, even his feet. And Kate, what a cutie. She was so curious about my camera phone. She's used to her mom taking pictures with a regular camera.

Karen, Kate's Mom

Luann, Trey's Mom

We met for lunch because John, our former boss, is now leaving the ministry. Leaving was not his choice. I've been in that situation before and it feels rotten. John, on the other hand, has such a positive attitude. He knows that God is in control. He's also been working on a novel for years and recently he finished it. He's now fine tuning the book in hopes of a publisher picking it up.

John (father of five)

John and Karen are the reasons I started blogging (and Eric.--he was also on the communications team. He couldn't make it to the lunch). John and Eric have been blogging for years and I always hoped that Karen would start. Luann has also started a blog. It's fun to see what they're up to and going through.

I can't wait to see where God takes John next. Whoever hires him is going to be one fortunate company. Unless, of course, his novel gets published and lands on the New York Times Best Seller List. I hope he'll remember us little people who once shared office space in the green warehouse.







2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, we had a great time yesterday! Great post--so true about John! And what cute babies! ;o) I still need to get my photos from yesterday off of the camera.

Anonymous said...

you guys are the best! no wonder I hired you and wept hot tears when you resigned to fulfill your destinies.