Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Infusion Day




Today I got my Remicade infusion to treat my rheumatoid arthritis. Every eight weeks, they hook me up to an IV and I get the medication intravenously. It takes about two hours to get the treatment. I go to the treatment room in my rheumatologist's office where they have a team of very friendly and professional nurses who administer the medication. They make you feel as comfortable as possible. I love the recliners. They even provide snacks and beverages. They're much more hospitable than flight attendants (using the word "beverage" made me think of flight attendants).

snack drawer

Remicade helps stop further joint damage. And, for some patients without joint damage, it may help stop damage before it starts. I wish this wonderful drug had been around when I was first diagnosed. Remicade can also be used to treat diseases such as plaque psoriasis, adult Crohn’s disease, and ankylosing spondylitis.

So here's a shout out to the wonderful gals at Drs. Myerson and Sutej's office in Atlanta, GA. You rock!

Gia, great nurse and mother of teenage daughter


The boss--Gail, head nurse--very spunky & perky

Shawn, nurse extraordinaire
(This is really Michelle Obama. Shawn wouldn't let me take her picture!)

2 comments:

Karen said...

SUSAN! I am laughing at you taking photos at your appointment! You're a woman after my own heart. I love it!

Unknown said...

They found it very amusing that I was going to blog about my appointment.