Monday, September 29, 2008

Have We Met?

Do I look familiar to you? Do you feel like you've met me before? To many people, I do look familiar to them and they're sure they've met me before. This is not a recent occurrence, but something that has been going on for years. Just today I met a lady for the first time. Later in a follow-up e-mail she said, "I feel like we've met before, I just can't put my finger on it?? Hmmm." Several years ago I was eating in a restaurant and a man came up to me and asked if I was that tennis player from Australia? What tennis player from Australia? I assured him that I was not her and he asked me, "Are you sure, because you sure do look like her." Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm not a famous tennis player from Australia. Another time I was at an amusement park and someone grabbed me and spun me around, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I thought you were someone else!"

I'd say nine times out of 10 when I meet someone new, they say that we've met before. What could be the cause of this phenomenon? Is it that I'm so plain that my face can blend into any one's? Could it be that I have several twins out there? Maybe it's not only my face, but something about me and my aura and my friendly personality that makes them feel comfortable and familar. Perhaps I embody something special that people find affable. I don't know, but it's very curious. What do you think? Have we met before?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I know you. Maybe I've seen you on TV.

Anonymous said...

You remind me of my cousin. I really like her!

Anonymous said...

That smirk is oh so familiar. Maybe you were one of my college profs? Or maybe my mom!

Karen said...

Are you SURE you aren't that famous tennis player from Australia?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's your memory that is the culprit and you really have met those people before. :-) You know I'm just messing with you.

Unknown said...

Myron, have we met?

Anonymous said...

I got no clue who you are. Never met anyone even remotely like you.

Hoey