Sunday, September 28, 2008

Gas Shortage in Georgia




If you live in Georgia, then you know what's happening here with gas. If you don't, we're running short on gas. Some stations have it, sometimes. When they do have gas, it may only be unleaded and there will be long lines. This is what I encountered this morning in Alpharetta at the QuickTrip on Haynes Bridge Rd. Everyone was very orderly and patient. I waited about 15 minutes to fill up. Gas was $3.96 per gallon for unleaded. Other people in Georgia have waited much longer and some have run out of gas while waiting in line. It all depends on which station you go to and when.



On Friday I had a different experience at a QT on Sidney Marcus Blvd. in Atlanta. I left the station angry. I was waiting in line for my turn, when a gas station employee decided to "help" and direct us. I was next in line to pull up to the pump when he waved me forward to pull into another line with five cars ahead of me. After I sat there for a short time and the line wasn't moving and I saw that a car that had been behind me was pulling up to get gas, my anger surged and I turned around to leave. The attendant stopped me and asked why I was leaving. I forcefully, not shouting, told him why. He said, "Well, good luck." I pulled out and was on my way. Several other stations that day had no gas, but fortunately I was not on empty.

0 comments: