Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Note About Animal Carcasses

I heard back from some of you to go ahead and blog about what was real and to be myself. So here goes ...

Like most cats, our proud hunter likes to bring her spoils to the door and drop them on the mat. One day a couple of weeks ago, I went out back on our deck and noticed that pungent odor of dead animal. I thought it was coming from down below. I go and investigate. Nothing there. When I come back up the stairs, I notice the carcass of a dead rat. It's obviously been there more than one day. Now, I was tired. I thought, I'll leave it for the buzzards. They were just hanging out the other day on our neighbor's house. They'll come and take care of it for me. Remember, I was really tired or just plain stupid, probably the latter. A day or so later, when the buzzards hadn't come, I decide that I better take care of the ballooning animal. Gross! Gross! Gross! NEVER leave it there. Dispose of it immediately! I won't go into gory details, but I had to hold my nose with one hand while using the shovel with the other. I'm a goof and a dork, I know.

1 comments:

Karen said...

ewwwwww, sorry you had to do that. I might have even thrown up. Where did those crazy buzzards go?! They need to do a better job!