Thursday, August 7, 2008

Buh Bye Guilt

A friend of mine told me to checkout this article written by Dr. Alvin Reid and Jonathan Merritt for Relevant Magazine. I loved what it had to say because I've experienced these guilty feelings--in fact, they've plagued me my entire Christian, church-going life. Here's an excerpt:

" ... while guilt should be a natural reaction to sin from a regenerate heart, the Christian faith should never be driven by a sense of duty, guilt or entitlement. Instead, we should be driven to lives of holiness by passion—passion for God, passion for the lost, passion for the Gospel, passion for each other. ... A guilt-driven faith will certainly go through the motions. It will drive you to action. But a passion-driven faith forces us to tell everyone we know about the great idea that can change the world. It will drive you to a lifestyle."

To the read the entire article, click on this link:
http://relevantmagazine.com/god_article.php?id=7550

If you've experienced these guilty feelings, I hope you go and check out the article. It helped me.

0 comments: