Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Life--A Meeting

I feel like my life has become one huge meeting. Lately, that seems like all I'm doing--going from meeting to meeting. A friend, Myron, has a theory about meetings. He says that meetings are designed to assign you more work. I think he's right. And, if you're not being assigned a new work project, the meeting is keeping you from working on your projects. I'm an editor by trade, so when I'm in a meeting, I'm not editing. If I'm not editing, I'm not meeting my deadlines. Not meeting deadlines is driving me crazy. Some meetings are necessary. I just can't stand meetings that have no good reason for taking up my time!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Good point. Let's meet to discuss.

Anonymous said...

My theory has been proven correct so many times that I think it should now be considered a law.