Monday, June 2, 2008

Posing for Pics



How does a fad get started? You know, trends in what fashion is cool, what hair cuts are in, and what is the coolest pose for pictures? I can understand fashion. I would imagine it's determined by the designers, then the fashions are designed for everyday people and the clothes make it to Macy's and Target. But, how do trends in poses for pictures get started. Back in the 1800's, no one smiled for photos. You had to look unhappy -- that was "in." Now, it seems the current in trend is to pooch your lips and roll your eyes. Have you seen the kids photos? They're all doing it! I thought I'd give it a try. Somehow it doesn't work on adults--I look like a dork! Although, I still think the kids look like dorks, too.

1 comments:

Karen said...

LOL! I didn't know about the trend--learned something new today!