Tuesday, June 17, 2008

idiosyncrasy 1: restrooms @ work


When I go into the women's restroom at work, I prefer to go in solitude. However, that's not always realistic in a building full of women and if your bladder is full. If I go in and someone is standing at the sink, my game plan is to try and choose the stall that they were not just in. That's a little tricky. I assume that they are standing at the sink closest to the toilet they just used. I know I've chosen the wrong one if the seat is still warm or there's lingering odor. Bummer. If I go in and someone is occupying a stall, I choose one that is not next to them--it's just a courtesy thing. If I go in and I've got the place myself, yippee. If someone comes in while I'm going, I try and finish first, wash my hands, and make it out the door before they come out of the stall. I'm weird, I know.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I hope there is adequate lighting in there.

Wendy Melchior said...

NOT WEIRD. I do not follow the same rituals, but I have my own public bathroom behaviors and absolutely avoid port-a-potties at all costs. I'd rather wet my pants.