Friday, November 28, 2008

Twilight the Movie

I went with my daughter, Rebecca, to see the movie, Twilight. The movie is based on a young adult vampire-romance novel written by Stephenie Meyer. It's the first book of the Twilight series, and introduces 17-year-old Isabella who moves from Phoenix, to Forks, Washington and finds her life in danger when she falls in love with a vampire, Edward. Neither one of us have read the books, but had heard about them and knew a little about the premise of the series. We got there early, thank goodness, because for some dumb reason Regal Cinemas had the movie in one of their smaller theaters. I think it sold out because it looked to me like every seat was taken. I was surprised at the boys who were there--they looked like middle school age.

Anyway, the movie grabbed me from the beginning. About half way through, the call of nature was beaconing me, but I didn't dare leave. I'm not sure what it was about the story or the characters, but Twilight just sucked us in. I'm still thinking about it. We both enjoyed it so much, that we went to the bookstore and bought the next book in the series, New Moon.

0 comments: