Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh no, a co-ed party!

So my soon to be 15 year old wants to have a party for her birthday. This makes me nervous because this time she wants boys to come and her father, my husband, will not be home. Can I handle this on my own? The girls are invited to spend the night (oh boy I can hear the loud laughing and screaming now) and boys are to leave at 10 p.m. She wants to have a fire in the outdoor fire pit. This makes me nervous, too. Teens and fire don't mix! What will they do to have fun? What do teens nowadays think is a "cool" party? For my 16th party, we played games. Somehow I don't think kids play games anymore. We'll probably need something like a Wii set up or something hi-tech. I hope they don't tick off the neighbors by running around outside. What if the party turns out to be like the wild ones you see in the movies? Any advice?

1 comments:

Karen said...

oh, dear. Can you reschedule for when the DH will be home? :o) What about a party at Dave & Buster's or something?