Tuesday, November 11, 2008

CAT Scan


I had my first CAT (CT) scan today. The doctor ordered one of my hip that is going to be re-replaced. The machine looks like a big donut. You lie on a table and it takes you through the donut hole. When the area they are scanning is in the middle of the hole, this whirring/spinning noise starts. It kind of sounds like what you think it would sound like if you were in a space ship taking off at warp speed. Then this automated female voice tells you take a breath in and hold it. Then after a second or two she tells you to breathe again. And then they take you in and out of the the hole a couple of times and then you're done. The table was actually very comfortable--I think I could have fallen asleep on it. I follow-up with my doctor in a couple of days to go over the results.

0 comments: