Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kudos to Kodak

Gorgeous Maple

I've been having issues with my Kodak EasyShare Z712 IS camera. When I took indoor pictures with the flash, the images were grainy. This was frustrating since the outdoor pictures in bright sun were great. I read the the manual. I talked to photo experts I work with. No one could find the solution. I had been told to set my camera on the "action setting." That way, whether you moved or not, the photo wouldn't blur. After taking some photos of Rebecca and the cat at Halloween and seeing how grainy the photos came out, I decided to take further action on solving this problem.

If you're interested, click on this image to make it larger and you can see the graininess.

I went to the Web and tried searching Google for other people experiencing the same problem. I got no where. Then, a brillant idea came to me--maybe I should go to the Kodak Web site and search under support. I found my model, clicked support, and then clicked "chat with a support person" (or something like that). Ernesto G. answered my call for help. I described the problem. His solution: set the camera on the auto mode and take a picture. It came out fine! I had the camera on the wrong setting! Talk about feeling like an idiot! I don't even want to tell you how long I've been wrestling with this problem. OK, I will. A year!

I write all this to say how pleased I was with the customer support from Kodak. The support guy knew the product and gave me a quick and simple solution. I felt really dumb, but the problem is solved!

Enjoy some of the fall pictures I took today (No photo corrections were made to the images in case you're wondering).



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Although, I thought I tried that when taking pictures of RC. Glad it worked out. We now expect a "Picture of the Week" component of your blog.

Karen said...

Cool pics! I regularly change the settings on our camera when I don't mean to.