Friday, November 21, 2008

Scary Situation

This was an e-mail I got the other morning from my husband. He was staying at his boss' (Scott) second home in the Baltimore area. Pretty scary. The next day, he went out and bought a baseball bat.

I am asleep and I wake up at 2am to hear my cell phone ringing, I look at the number and it says Scott R New Home. I answer the phone and Scott asks "where are you", I reply that I was asleep and I'm in the bedroom of his house, he says "the neighbor called the police, there is someone trying to break into the kitchen window".

WHAT DO YOU DO?

I went to the closet and put my pants and shoes on, I don't know why I guess whatever is going on I will need pants and shoes. I do however, take the cell phone with me.

Here I am on the second floor of the house without any weapons or anything but Ive got pants, shoes and a cell phone. I thought it was a bad idea to go downstairs unarmed but I also didn't want to stay in the bedroom where there was no exit.

I decided to go out on the second flood deck off the master bedroom, I heard voices, turns out voices with guns and flashlights... a good half dozen of Anne Arundel County Police men.

The neighbor next door (Nancy) heard someone outside messing with the house, called the police and then called Scott, thank God she did. I will have to go over tomorrow and thank her.

I am officially up for the day, made a strong pot of coffee, no more sleep tonight for me.

The police had a dog sniff around the lot, looks like the person just jumped the fence and was trying to remove a window, not break one. I guess they figured they would be quiet trying to remove the window, the neighbor heard them anyway.

I noticed that the spot lights that usually light up the lot like Times Square were not working when I arrived this trip, they were on last time I was here. Scott is having them fixed tomorrow, they sure are annoying but I'm a big believer in them now.

Sure wish Grace was staying with me.

G

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness, how scary! Glad God and the neighbor were watching.

Anonymous said...

so what happened? the police couldn't have arrived that fast. did he just hang out on the porch and the bad guys never got in?