Monday, November 24, 2008

Hip Journey

Don't expect to read about a cool road trip. I'm calling my entries "Hip Journey" to chronicle my experience of going through hip replacement surgery (for a second time). Surgery is in one week--December 1. I thought it might be interesting to blog about, if not for any other reason, but to help keep my sanity while recuperating.

Today was pre-op testing day. They listened to my lungs, drew blood for tests, and did an EKG--all done from the comfort of a recliner without having to change into a hospital gown! They also gave me this breathing gizmo to practice my post surgery breathing which will clear my lungs from the anesthesia. I have to bring it with me on the day of surgery--yeah, like I'll remember to bring it.


Now I've got one week to finish up several projects, spend Thanksgiving with the family, and get some Christmas shopping done.

1 comments:

Karen said...

Good idea--may also be helpful for others who will be going through the same thing. I hope all goes well with your surgery. I can't believe that December is only one week away!