Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Case of the Crest Pad Rip Off! Part 2

Here's the text of the letter that's going in the mail tomorrow to the company that's overcharging for medical equipment:

DJO, LLC
Privacy Office
1430 Decision St.
Vista, California 92081

Dear Privacy Office:

I am writing to dispute the charges on a recent bill that I received from your company. My account # is XXXXXXX. The charges are for two metatarsal pads at a cost of $40 per pad.

The pads that I received from my doctor are crest pads—not metatarsal pads. I feel that charging $40 per pad is unreasonable. When searching for these same pads on the Internet, I found them for approximately $5 each and they appear to be the same pad.

I am not refusing to pay for the items I received. However, I feel that $80 for two small 2-inch pads is exorbitant and unreasonable; therefore, I am requesting a reduction in the charges. If I need to purse this further, I will contact the Better Business Bureau and file a report on your company. I have also posted on my blog, www.susanchildre.blogspot.com regarding this dispute. I’m sure other unsuspecting consumers and medical practitioners would like to be warned about the practices of your company.

Thank you for your consideration and I hope we can reach a reasonable agreement.

Sincerely,

Susan E. Childress

4 comments:

Karen said...

Go get 'em! I am interested to see what they have to say. I'll be following this story. I wonder if 11Alive News might be interested as well?

Anonymous said...

I am experiencing the same thing with this company overcharging me for a ankle walking boot that I already paid about $400 for. They are still saying that I owe another $100. And then they are charging me another $225 for the ankle brace I also later received. But both of these products at just the list price online aren't even worth what I already paid for just the walking boot. I am also sending them a letter but I am requesting that they waive the charges because I have already overpaid for these items that I could get both online for about $200.

Unknown said...

I'm also having the same problem. Was there any resolution to the problem or am I shit out of luck? I'm being charged $66 for something I thought was free. Seriously its a piece of foam. Its supposed to be a hand brace, but CVS has really nice ones for like $13. Why would I pay $66 for a piece of foam.

Its no wonder American's can't afford health care. Its companies like this that are gouging our insurance companies and causing the rates to skyrocket!!!

Unknown said...

Neely,

The company sent me a letter back saying that their products were superior and that the cost was related to quality.

We ended up paying the bill. I bought more crest pads online for $10 and they work just great.

Not happy with DJO, LLC!