Sunday, April 11, 2010

#Fail - McDonald's


I REALLY like McDonald's Mochas. In a previous post I complained about the price, but they are a little less money than Starbucks and they are good. The other day, my daughter picked up one for me and brought it home. Boy was I looking forward to sipping on that chocolatey goodness. Well, as soon as it hit my tongue I knew it wasn't drinkable. Long story short, I sent an e-mail to McDonald's customer service describing my dissatisfaction. To their credit they responded in a few days.

Here's the e-mail response:

"Hello Susan:

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the McDonald's in Alpharetta, GA with me. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to better understand how we can improve our service to you.

I am sorry the Mocha did not live up to our high quality standards. Please be assured that we want to provide you with an exceptional experience every time you visit us. From your email, it is clear we did not meet your expectations. Again, I am truly sorry we disappointed you.

I want you to know that I have already taken action on your feedback. After reading your email, I immediately shared the information you brought to our attention with the local franchise owner of the restaurant you visited. Additionally, I notified our regional McDonald's consultant who works with this owner for follow-up in the restaurant and appropriate corrective action.

Again, Susan, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your business and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you soon.

Kelly
McDonald's Customer Response Center"


While I greatly appreciate her quick actions, I feel like it fell short of total satisfaction. The only other thing I wanted was to get a coupon for a free Mocha. I spent good money on that foul cup of java.

Micky Ds, while I may return to your store, I will think twice and consider Starbucks next time. BTW, when you get bad cup of joe from Starbucks, they give you a coupon for a free one--now THAT'S customer service. Am I wrong?

0 comments: