Saturday, February 21, 2009

This Valentine's Day


I'm a little late for a Valentine's Day post, but I think some of you might find this story interesting. My husband has never thought much of participating in Valentine's Day. Even before we were married he boycotted the "holiday." "I don't need a a yearly holiday to tell or show you that I love you. It's just a way for Hallmark and florists to make money," he'd say. I'll be honest, this kind of bothered me. But after several years, you get used to it.

Now that we've been married for over 20 years, he's softened a bit in recent years. Last year for our anniversary he sent me flowers at work for our anniversary. I have to admit, I loved the surprise. It made me feel special.

This Valentine's Day he was away for work. No big deal since we never make a fuss over V-day. I happened to be sick that day. I was talking to him on the phone and told him I wouldn't be at work because I wasn't feeling well. He told me that's too bad, because he sent flowers! SENT FLOWERS! Just my luck. I worried that they'd be all wilted by Monday when I'd be back to work. But, the flowers never arrived. Interesting. I wonder what happened? Maybe they were delivered to the mail room and the guys down there didn't deliver them. Nope, not the case. Finally, he called 1-800-FLOWERS to find out what happened. He talked to some customer service rep in India. She offered no apology, help, or refund. He was tired and disgusted and hung up. The next day he checked his e-mail confirmation and saw a delivery tracking link. Guess what? The flowers made it to UPS in Atlanta, but that's as far as they went because the box arrived damaged so UPS discarded the box! No phone call, no note, no nothing! Shame on you UPS and 1-800-flowers. I'm going to break one of my rules and say, "That sucks!"

1 comments:

Karen said...

That does suck! I think they need to replace your flowers or Glenn's money ASAP!