Thursday, February 5, 2009

King and Queen of Atlanta



A familiar landmark in Atlanta is the Concourse at Landmark Center. They're in the perimeter area just across the street from Porsche North America headquarters. I had to get up extra early this morning to get to an infusion appointment. It was dark and I was passing the "King and Queen" buildings in the perimeter area of Atlanta. We call them the king and queen because the buildings look like chess pieces. At night they're usually lit up with white lights. For breast cancer awareness month, they're lit up pink. Today, they were green. I can't find what that stands for, but I'm wondering if it's for the environment.

Make sure you read the comment below from Sarah for a link to more information on the green lights.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
I work out at Concourse Athletic Club and have noticed the green lights topping the Queen and King on several mornings as of late. Out of curiosity, I googled what this might be about and came across your Blog posting. I also found this:
http://www.concourseofficepark.com/tenant/newsletter.pdf

Looks like Cousins is(smartly) marketing their effort to go "green" with Concourse (and better compete with newer LEED-certified product popping up all over Atlanta).

Regards,
Sarah W.