Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This Inauguration Day -- January 20, 2009

I didn't vote for Obama, but regardless, he was elected as our 44th President of the United States. My prayers are with him as he leads our country and I have hope that he will make a difference. Today was definitely a historical day.

I went with two friends from work to a lunch spot that had giant screen TVs so that we could watch the swearing in ceremony. Mr. Obama is a great orator--no doubt about it. I felt like I was part of history by just watching.

I also watched tonight as George W. Bush arrived back home in Texas and gave a speech. He said he is looking forward to writing a book about his years as president--especially the more difficult days. He said that history will show why he made the decisions he made. He said he comes home to Texas with his head held high. I look forward to that book, Mr. Bush.

Check out the video of his speech:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to celebrate this historic occasion with you and Kay. I'm interested to see what his first 100 days in office will bring. I've heard that is a good predictor of what can be expected in a president's term. Although, Bush had a great deal thrown at him that could not have been expected.