Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Technology VS Meat Sacks

My husband, Glenn Childress, recently encountered poor customer service with Enterprise Car Rental. Here is his account of the conversations (or lack thereof). 

Technology vs. meat sacks? Not a question obviously, but one human being trying to reach another human being that cares at Enterprise Car Rental. I have been a loyal "road warrior" renter for years and have relied on and been satisfied by Enterprise--until now. 

I left home for a 3 week business trip last week and lost my license at the airport while checking in at the ticket counter. I flew home this morning just to go to the Georgia Driver Services office to have my license replaced. I was issued a Georgia temporary license.  

I called Enterprise and after great difficulty trying to wade through the "customer service" automated prompts I was finally magically connected to the local Enterprise office near my home. Ryan at the Roswell, GA Enterprise office told me that he would accept my license but then provided me with the direct # to the Philadelphia Airport location. When I called the Philadelphia airport to confirm that my license would be accepted, I was told that Enterprise will NOT accept any state issued temporary license. 

I then contacted Hertz through their Executive office and actually spoke with a human being. She simply listened to my tale of frustration and said, "What can I do to help?" She confirmed that they will accept my temporary license and gave me her name and direct phone to use on the reservation in case I encountered any problems. That, my friends, is customer service!

I will now rent from Hertz exclusively. If you believe that I am just being an angry "hater" then you may want to look up the Enterprise Rental history for #57ZGQ3D in your business rental program. By the way, you should add a selection to the "Subject" list to at least include a dissatisfied customer, but then maybe I was the first. Goodbye.

0 comments: