Friday, May 1, 2009

Meat Jewelry

Is this not bizarre? It's meat jewelry. The designer, Stephanie Hensle, creates jewelry by making resin casts of animal and human fat, bone, organs, muscle, and tendon. For fasteners and chains she uses meat hooks and sausage netting.

"I think today I'll wear the bone marrow brooch and sausage necklace."

Below are more photos of her fascinating collection. Available soon, I'm sure, at Macy's and Dillard's.





(notice the meat trays that she displays her brooches on)




[Dwell via Fast Company]
Photos by Petra Jaschke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've worn some bizarre earrings in my day, but never a sausage or BONE MARROW--ewwwwww! Is the artist trying to convert the world to vegetarianism? It just might work, 'cause this is just gross!

Beth

Karen said...

that's ... ummmm ... interesting ...

Melissa said...

This is disgusting. Seriously. For the love of the moo!